Thursday, November 19, 2009



Thanks to my friend I have now a book full of bread recipes and ideas and fun. Although I am not particularly fond of jewish cooking, they seem to have the tradition of bread baking in their DNA. Hmmm, maybe I should propose that in a grant proposal... who is interested in structure of chromatin these days?
I have been pretty pleased with this bread, although it is yeast based, it has good flavor from using biga and smells like a truly good bread. And it is.
The bread is really good with just some butter and cheese. I think I will get another slice in a minute.

Does 37.75 years old dude have the right to feel like in his teens? The little doggie who occupies our house, my bed and my lap at times, is so playful that it is contagious. I feel young just from having her around, because I am getting crazy ideas about crawling with her on the floor, barking and growling at each other or just rolling barrels. No, she does not do it, but I am feeling back the urge to do so. Maybe there is another reason to feel so, it is definitely nice.
So I am not overly sad that my promotion did not go through, maybe for the better, I can stay less grown up for a little longer.

It is a bit ironical, that after you really feel over someone, they come back with a question which catches you off guard. And how they get to that question is even more interesting. Prescience or reading minds over distance? Does that mean we had in common something I missed? I guess just human tuning to each other without the other one realizing it. Life...

No comments:

Post a Comment