Saturday, November 7, 2009


I entered a world of someone else today. Even though I didn't leave the boundaries of my town. It was a nice day, we talked, ate lunch, went for a walk, had some tea back at home. Although I did have some reservations earlier, I was very glad to meet him, get to know him a little... and perhaps it was not the last time we see each other.

I slept like a log for once, Merlot and good movie did their magic. A sunny fall day with leaves and wind and a warm sunshine was already waiting outside and so was a pot of coffee and babovka and a hair clipper... I am likely the last one in the neighborhood to clean the gutters and rake the lawn, but I don't care. Nobody knows all the things the first time around. It was fun to unscrew the gutters and find inside a composted material smelling really nice, organic... who knows where it came from, didn't seem like leaves only. Bird poop?

Raking is quite fun too, especially the first hour or two, although I am sure I'll be pretty sore tomorrow. After three hours I was glad the sun was setting and I had a reason to stop. I was tired. I have filled too many bags anyway, even though some leaves are still up on the trees. I have also discovered that there is a narrow space between the shed and the neighbors fence, where I have never actually looked before. I did truly exhaust myself, enough to feel weak and almost fainting at that point. Shower didn't help much, neither did tea with honey, but babovka did the magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment