Friday, November 27, 2009

Delani, delani (work, work)



I was waiting for my friend to decide if he'd come for a visit or not. I am often a wreck when it comes to waiting, especially when it is an uncertain situation. So I finished deep-cleaning the house, scrubbed the kitchen floor, though it still looks worn and kind of dirty (managed not to spill anything on it so far) and headed out for the big T dinner yesterday. Today I decided to go ahead with painting of the baseboards, just a little bit at first, but after lunch I was done with the first coat everywhere where I painted the walls so far. So I decided for a home run. It is not perfect, but I listened to the radio and some music so far new to me and kept checking the e-mail and the work was going just fine. When I was done and took off the tape from the floors and put everything together, I started feeling low. I stank, was dirty and my back and knees were telling me to f..k off. So I took a bath with a music and than my other friends promised to come over later for a drink and a pie.... so at first I just wanted to survive by doing nothing, but at the end I made myself to even lit the fireplace and when I went out for some more wood, I realize that nothing is better for clearing the head than chopping some wood. Really, honestly. I am actually going for a round 2 right now :-)



When I was a little kid, there was a modern fairy tale on TV called "Princes are good for the dragon(s)" with many songs, one called "work, work" As much as I hate to say that, it works for me. Why am I not a lumberjack?

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg
    could not help myslef...:)

    ReplyDelete