Wednesday, November 18, 2009

let there be ...



My brother took this picture in Canyonlands in June. It makes me feel warm and refreshed from the rain we just missed. The whole desert below us smelled from the little moisture it received and you could feel electricity in the air. The grasses and bushes were fragrant with life.
Although physically I am a wreck today and mentally not much better, looking at this photograph gives me the same energy I feel every time I open my e-mail nowadays and there is a new message. I drift back to my teenage years for a second, get butterflies in my stomach and am totally excited, nothing is more energizing. Maybe a summer storm.
Even though I am grumpy and tired and sleepy, I feel happiness. And a new hope that there will be new period of growth and electricity in the air and life will be fragrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment