Saturday, March 6, 2010

spring is in the air

This week was petty nice, I have to say. Most of the annoying ice from the snowmelt water collected around the corners disappeared. It was warm at noon almost every day... and by midweek I got an email from a guy from Denver, who showed interest in me online the week before. On Friday the weather turned around and it snowed, but it was not too cold. I was like a pig from biking that one day. Chompy was not overly excited about having wet feet and I was pretty busy at work. Managed to go for a swim and than for a hamburger with some beer and that was how I celebrated my name-day ahead. Oh, every holiday has to be celebrated by work, so I prepared for making bagels again. They are a bit supersized.



Nevertheless, I slept like a c..p, my back hurt and burned from the swim and my belly kept making funny sounds from the hamburger. Maybe I am getting old...  I did not sleep half of the night so I was glad my first date with D-guy was not today.
The bagels turned out pretty good, this method does not make them very chewy, so next time I'll try the other way of shaping them.

After two walks with Chompy, some cleaning and some wood chopping, chilling in front of the fireplace seems like the only thing we can do right now. I am surprized she does not keep a grudge against me for brushing her earlier.
Spring is in the air, snow melted almost completely today and I feel like a seventeen-year old again. Butterflies in the stomach from tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment