Thursday, December 3, 2009

one to Mitch



Last year, about this time I was seeing a guy who had many qualities I liked, some I didn't, and who showed me a different view on the everyday world. He had a house slightly larger than mine and I have instantly loved that place. It was decorated really nicely and there was a fireplace. I did not know at that time how long I'll stay here, if at all. My work was not fulfilling me too much, but there was something that kept me here. A few months later I knew I had to settle. There was no relationship and there was no more joy at work, but got a house with a fireplace. I knew how long the winters here seem and how they can get under your skin. I want to thank my friend for opening my eyes to that one thing, which keeps me enjoying my evenings even when alone. Having a place where I can contemplate, feel like a cavemen, be one with the world and master the fire, somehow makes me be ready for another day.
I had to work on it to get it looking good, blisters healed and dust settled and I am happy I have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment