Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Laramie, oh Laramie

Sometimes I just wake up early, when it's still dark outside, and after a while I realize I won't sleep anymore. So when I checked the weather forecast for the next few days and there is again chance of snow, I could have just sigh. It was like that last year as well, 362 days ago I signed the papers for my house and it snowed. BTW, I am amazed the house is still standing here, and also that I did not get completely crazy from it.
So, I am planning a variation of a housewarming party, and since it is one year too late, it's called the housecooling party. The insides are definitely not ready for any big celebration, there is always something to take care of etc... but one year is one year.
After an hour long "opinion exchange" with Hana, who cannot get outside her Walachian box, I decided to make my version of frgales and call them frgale, although they can also bear the name "gay pizzas" (since they are sweet and fruity). But than it is not fair to the poor Italians, since pizza is a salty pie... well, one cannot please everybody.
What is going to suck is the weather. I may still opt for making some non-barbecued dish, after all, but homemade burgers just seem to be the best choice...
After discovery of tulips budding out 2 weeks ago on the AIDS walk weekend, I watched them hen over chickens... and the snow last weekend did not make me happy.
As it turns out, tulips are hardier stock than I imagined.Now it's only a question, if they'll manage to bloom as well this year.

And if you want to feel really great, when you wake up early, rub your dog's (or anybody else's) belly, it brings luck and positive emotions!

No comments:

Post a Comment