Monday, April 19, 2010

10 years 365 days

Today was the last day of my 11th year in this country. My oh my, I started second decade by getting green card and a house...did not even have time to think about it last year... Also I feel more like an home owner this year, surviving the winter in a good shape and ready to do a bit more outside. This spring was at first crawling in quite slowly, and than all of sudden we have third week of spring and I am behind!

I was not glad to notice that some creature was digging into the mulch above the newly planted tulips at first, but then I noticed the purple-ended tips of the first tulips getting out. It will be so beautiful!

I've worked that little piece of "garden" next to the garage, incorporated into it some old pot soil in it, some sheep peat, some dry coffee grounds... it better produce some great veggies this year! I am thinking about some peas...but forgot to buy some.. and I already sowed in some chives and green onions. Tomatoes and basil is planted inside, window space allocated by the biggest window. I hope it's gonna work better this year. The hedge along the west border is trimmed and neighbor's side is cleaned as well. I could not resist and went ahead with the first barbecue of the season, not waiting for the May 1st party. And it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment