Sunday, May 22, 2011

It seems that the spring is really getting here, finally... although according to some locals we have another week of pre-spring, when anything can happen, and I also predicted two more snowfalls. The river has risen, the Greenbelt is closed and my grass is still in semi-dormant state... so I attempted to revive it by another batch of seeds, some spoil in the low spots and such... we'll see. That was about all the gardening I've done this weekend. My compost bin content looked so unchanged the whole time I decided to dig in and check it out, which was relatively easy when using some tarp on the ground. I was surprised to find some, perhaps half of the material, decomposing... So mixing it hopefully helped and in the fall I might work some of it into my yard :)
But it also means I might need to make one more bin for this year's clippings...
It was after a while a nice evening, warmish even after dark, Chompy got three walks in her little legs today and is sleeping very soundly already... poor little bugger. I bought a pair of running shoes and so I am planning on taking her to the park solo, perhaps on some mornings.
And in two days the tulips made their minds and decided that they would bloom. It was about time.
No food pictures this time, the bread rolls and cake I made yesterday got eaten, so did the burgers and stuffed mushrooms and it was good... good that it got eaten :)

No comments:

Post a Comment