Sunday, February 21, 2010

There are days when you feel from the early morning that something is going to happen, and you are expecting it every minute ... and nothing happens. There are days when you do not expect absolutely anything and a simple thing, such as an innocent e-mail or a glimpse at an old friend online, makes you get on a spiral. Fascinating thing is that having a dog like Chompy is very therapeutic, at least for now. She substitutes the attention giving and and attention needing process which I need to feel at times. Having her is like having exits on that spiral-shaped highway.

Of course there are days when you get up early, because you planned to make a good dinner for your friend's birthday, start preparing everything ahead, so that when the guests arrive, you can spend time with them and not only in the kitchen, by noon you have the house cleaned and de-haired and laundry done and tablecloth washed and olive bread pretty much baked, dogs walked...  And by mid-afternoon it starts snowing and one by one your invited friends cancel. It just sucks, because there is a half of your own birthday cake and full dish of homemade tiramisu, which you've spent not only most of one evening on, but also some money on good ingredients. By the time they cancel altogether you want to explode and scream and when you walk the dogs again, you know you can do nothing but swear. Fortunately, the idea of staying home the whole evening with kitchen full of food, however annoying, gets replaced by another one, and for once you are happy for having the movie theater so close to the house. Having a plan B, as my friend Hana always says, works this time, even though it was a last minute plan. I guess anything lesser than Avatar would have left me pissed for all that effort earlier, for my naivety with which I didn't rebook the whole thing for earlier, even though I had a chance when the forecast did predict some snow... I guess it's the take home lesson, always overestimate the weather in Wyoming :) On a plus side, we have leftovers till Wednesday it seems...
BTW, my next bread is going to be a olive oil bread with lots of seeds.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the whole thing ...oh well, there will be next time for sure :)
    hope you liked "smouliky":)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I would definitely come instead of expected ones... haven't you met someone on a dog walk?...he would be surprised by your invitation (plan C)...be happy as you are...někdy se opravdu člověk z těch sraček musí vypsat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) I know. I guess my dog walks are either at the wrong time or a wrong place... If it were NY Central Park, I am sure it would have been a different story. And well, there was still Keith there... :)

    ReplyDelete